May I remind all of you interested in that thread on hand position, that I had
put up a couple of web pages with iconographical evidence about that very same
point. You will find it there :

for the renaissance :   http://le.luth.free.fr/renaissance/index.html
for the 17th century : http://le.luth.free.fr/baroque/index.html
for the 18th century : http://le.luth.free.fr/baroque2/index.html

I will let you choose your conclusion ;-))

Best,

Jean-Marie

======= 09-02-2009 11:45:05 =======

>If all the pictures show us that the RH was at
>the bridge, then many of the pictures have gone missing.
>
>dt
>
>At 12:33 PM 2/8/2009, you wrote:
>>From: ""Mathias Rösel"" <mathias.roe...@t-online.de>
>>>
>>>Perhaps like with a traffic sign when driving a car? I mean, not
>>>religiously, of course >B)
>>>Mathias
>>An unexpectedly Gallic opinion!
>>RT
>>

>>To get on or off this list see list information at
>>http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~wbc/lute-admin/index.html

>Orange vous informe que cet  e-mail a ete controle par l'anti-virus mail.
>Aucun virus connu a ce jour par nos services n'a ete detecte.

jmpoiri...@wanadoo.fr
http://poirierjm.free.fr
09-02-2009