What about this picture from 1601 (by Philippe Galle) :
http://le.luth.free.fr/lefties.htm
When in the same picture you can see an right-handed player and a left-handed
one, I suppose it adds up to admitting that lefties did exist, even in a very
small proportion, just like now.
And I don't really buy the "moral" justification to the representation of a
lefty player...

Best,

Jean-Marie, one rather happy lefty in the oppressed minority ;-)))

======= 09-02-2009 21:45:56 =======