Bingo!  It's even included in Ronn MacFarlane's Mel Bay collection.
Thanks Guy.
C.

>>> "Guy Smith" <guy_m_sm...@comcast.net> 3/13/2009 12:35 PM >>>
There's something similar to Swiet Seint Nicola in either the Straloch or
Rowallen MS (I forget which, and I don't have them handy). Not sure if it's
the same piece, but the title is similar.

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Stetson [mailto:cstet...@smith.edu]
Sent: Friday, March 13, 2009 9:25 AM
To: Lute List
Subject: [LUTE] Saintly music?

Hi, everyone,

A request:

I've been asked on short notice to play for a church service on Sunday at
which the sermon will be about "Saints -- all different kinds".  This
congregation has a tradition of musical puns on the sermon topic.
I have a vague memory of a lute piece titled "Swiet Seint Nicola" or
something like that; I've probably moved or added an "e" or two.  A quick
search, both online and in my hard copies, has failed.  I suspect
Adrienssen, or Vallet?

I suspect several on the list have a better memory that I do.  Any help, or
suggestions of other pieces for lute or guitar that contain the word
"Saint," (though I'm not up to "St. Louis Blues") would be greatly
appreciated.

Also, slightly OT, but since I know a few, at least, on this list are
interested in American guitar music, I think this:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/13246258/In-the-Sweet-ByandBy-Transcription-For-Gu
itar-1888 might be in the program, too.

Best to all, and keep playing.
Chris.