Low-tech solution: Candle and dedicated butter knife (I say 'dedicated' because the blade will discolor and 'butter' because you want the heat to cut, not the sharpness). Put the handle on a stack of CDs and the blade over the candle. As the candle burns down remove a CD or two. Be sure to use a low soot candle --that stuff is pernicious.

Higher tech: Do it in the kitchen w/ the blade over a stove burner and the burner on the lowest setting.

"Lute@cs.Dartmouth.edu"grade Hi-tech: Soldering iron.

Sean