Von: dem...@suffolk.lib.ny.us [mailto:dem...@suffolk.lib.ny.us]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 7. April 2009 18:20
An: lute@cs.dartmouth.edu
Betreff: [LUTE] Re: Josquin

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009, ariel abramovich <g_abramo...@hotmail.com> said:

> Dear friends,
>

> This subject may have been discussed already...
>
> Is there any available list with references to all existent Josquin
> intabulations for lute?

online? maybe, lots of stuff online.

A dated, but thorough list is likely to exist in every music library

H M Brown _instrumental Music printed before 1600_, not in print
anymore, but copies can be found and are worth having as most of the
renaissance lutes repetoire is indexed in it.

but not Ms music unfortunatly, for that you have to look elsewhere, a
work in progress as some of the little hampsters are yet to be
discovered, and some librarys have been slow to cooperate with the RISM
project.  There have been editions of josquin, as I'm sure you are
aware.

Please note that intabulations are a funny thing, as much the work of
the person who set them down as the original composer; not always
strongly faithful to the original.  In many cases Josquin was himself
taking anothers work(s) as his inspiration as was common practice in his
era; makes it challenging to do attributions.

Attributions in printed works must of course be taken with a grain or
two of salt as the Name Josquin was such a selling point that the truth
was often stretched.

--
Dana Emery