       From: [2]lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu on behalf of Luca Manassero
       Sent: Tue 5/12/2009 2:12 PM
       To: [3]l...@cs.dartmouth.edu
       Subject: [LUTE] Re: Luciano Faria, Luthier

     This is a very sad story, a story I already had to read about
     somebodyelse, thou. Then finally all went OK.
     I was shortly in touch by e-mail with Luciano Faria in 2007 to ask
   him
     about a Baroque lute: he promptly answered all my e-mails. I didn't
     finally buy it, as I couldn't really trust the shipping... I already
     got
     at least one shipped lute arriving broken.
     I hope that reading your e-mail on this list he will get back to you
     very, very soon. Two deposits plus a fully paid instrument is really
     bit too much :-(
     Good luck,
     Luca
     Mayes, Joseph on 12-05-2009 19:38 wrote:
     >    Howdy Collected Wisdom
     >

     >    I wanted to update the list on my travails with the
     above-captioned
     >    luthier for two reasons: 1. When I posted my tail of woe before,
     >    several people responded with similar stories. I think there is
     some
     >    value in an ongoing cautionary tale. and  2. There may yet be a
     >    resolution, and I would hate to leave the story only half-told.
     >

     >    After my last posting, I heard from Luciano. He said he was at
     fault,
     >    and that if I just allowed him two weeks, he would set all
     straight.
     >    that was on February 25th. (These have been the longest two
   weeks,
     >    ever!)
     >
     >    Once again, he has vanished from telephone and email
     correspondence.

     >    I have deposits on two instruments and a fully paid-for theorbo
     that I
     >    must begin to consider lost. Take a lesson for my woes - it
     doesn't
     >    matter how good the price, or how fine the instrument if you
   never
     get