On Fri, May 15, 2009, Narada <blues.for.nar...@ntlworld.com> said:

>> I don't think this guy is for real. This is a scam.

i dont see that.  The concept is modern and very plausible, the financial
end of it is risque until tested; how much was he asking?

>> My business, which is in 3D visualisation, animation and 3D modelling
>> offers this service thru' a third party company. He's right when he
>> says you'll get it back in a week, the actual printing process is
>> quite quick. But once you load it with strings it will just come
>> apart.

If you get back a wax model, its not intended as a finished product - but
could be a legitimate intermediate stage for a luthier to finish off. Dont
forget to consider the season before ordering (also an issue for
super-glue), modeling wax deforms easily in transit when in hot vehicles
or trans-shipment warehousing.

If you are getting a carbon-fiber shell from him thats more interesting,
figure out a way to join it to a traditional top and thats a lot of work
saved, could be worth a couple hundred to a busy luthier.  I suspect
carbon-fiber would make a good body, assuming hide glue works.  And if it
doesnt, maybe they can work in a light-wood rim around the inside (willow,
poplar...).
--
Dana Emery