The 8 course lute I purchased recently came with octave tuning from the
   5th to 8th course.  I changed the 5th and 6th course to unison (
   keeping the 7th and 8th octave ) because I found that playing any
   passages on those couses with alternating thumb-index resulted in a
   dominant sound of the lower string for the thumb and the upper string
   for the index finger.  Since I'm in the process of making the
   transition from thumb over to thumb under technique, is it possible
   that as I improve my right hand technique I should be able to play
   octave stringing with alternating thumb-index and not have one
   string dominant in sound with the thumb and the other with the index
   finger?

   Ned

   Looking for love this summer? [1]Find it now on AOL Personals.