A great resource to retrieve this kind of documents is the EEBO, Early English
Books Online:

http://eebo.chadwyck.com/home

You can only access it via a Library or an Academic Institution, but is should
be pretty easy to register at you local library and gain access to it through
their online services - this means that you don't have to go to the library to
access EEBo, but you can access it through the site of the library.

Just to give you an idea: you can access - and download in pdf format - any
music book of the Elizabethan era: Dowland, Byrd, Campion, Tomkins, you name
it ...

Hope it helps

Matteo