From: lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu [mailto:lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu] On Behalf
Of Christopher Stetson
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2009 11:24 AM
To: Lute list
Subject: [LUTE] Re: Imbalance

   >>> Andrew Gibbs <and...@publicworksoffice.co.uk> 9/10/2009 10:16 AM

   Recently, the harpsichord list has been castigating itself for its
   excessive 'macho-ness' and lack of female participants.
   Also - I've been thinking how early music email lists take on the
   characteristics of the instrument they discuss - like dogs and their
   owners resembling each other. The clavichord list is as you would
   expect - quiet, polite, strictly on-topic. The harpsichord list is
   the most plangent - sometimes strident. I'd say this lute list has
   the widest dynamic range. I wonder what the Serpent list is like...

   Sharp (as in tooth)?  And was this an undiscovered Shakespeare
   witticism?
   Andrew