>>    Is there anyone on the list with AP who would care to enlighten us
>> muggles about what you hear?

dunno about AP, or even PP; play a note to me, ask me what it was, my
reply is guesswork.  I also have no clue about intervals.  I can sing the
ones I want, just, dont ask me what they were, I hate to use my fingers
for counting in public.

But, once I have an inner memory of some performance of a piece, mine own
or a recording, I can usually sing it from memory at the precise pitch it
was played when I heard it.  Basically, I am singing along with the inner
voice track.

Curious all this business, the mind is clearly engaged for all of this but
in different ways for each of us.
--
Dana Emery