On Oct 11, 2009, at 10:17 AM, nedma...@aol.com wrote:

>    I've not yet put myself playing on line, but rather hope that
> one day
>    I'll feel confident enough to do so.  I doubt that I'll ever
> have the
>    equipment necessary to edit myself.  But I also wonder if I
> would want
>    to do that.  I think now (will my views change?) that if I'm not
> able
>    to give a presentable performance of a piece without editing,
> that I
>    would simply wait until I were able to.  Thus far, I've assumed
> that
>    everything I've seen on line has been unedited, and I've been very
>    impressed by these performances.

If you're primary concern is self-promotion, or if you live in a
world where no differentiation exists between iconography and real
life, then yes, you're going to want to edit yourself.  But if
neither the arrogance rat-race nor the dreeeeeam world appeal to you,
and all you want to do is share your music-making with others, warts
and all, just for the love of the lute, which I've always believef
was the reason for having the lute list in the first place, then I
don't see that the "Golden Age Is Over."  That's nonsense.

Best,

David Rastall
dlu...@verizon.net
www.rastallmusic.com