When in Paris, please take the time to pay along visit to the Museum of the "Cité de la Musique". They have an absolutely fantastic lute collection on display and the printed catalogue is a must-have.

See here http://www.cite-musique.fr/anglais/musee/coll_permanentes_insti.aspx (in English).

To see all lutes in their permanent collections, click on http://mediatheque.cite-musique.fr/masc/?url=/clientbooklineCIMU/toolkit/p_requests/default-collection-musee.htm

then click on "Instruments et oeuvres d'art"

then enter "luth" in the "Mot clé" field and hit "Rechercher" at the end of the page.

Have fun,

Luca