From: dem...@suffolk.lib.ny.us
To: "Santiago Ramos-Collado" <chagorra...@yahoo.com>
Cc: rel...@sbcglobal.net, lute-buil...@cs.dartmouth.edu
Subject: [LUTE-BUILDER] Re: hide glue gram strength
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 11:07:15 -0500 (EST)

> having an appropriate jig to be able to carry this out as
>    fast as possible (forget about go-bars; I do not think they are a good
>    idea at all, unless one could tension several at the same time!)

try it before you give up, I think you will find it a popular solution
with many luthiers.  The pressure possible from a gobar is just right for
the work, the space available is appropriate, and every gobar is a
deep-throat clamp with no reach problems.

The only faster setup would involve pneumatic plungers, which means a low
ceiling to attach them to and the risk there is an inability to see when
things have gone wrong inside (a small rib mispositioned tipping over for
example).

> When I have it done, I shall share the
>    photographs.

they would be welcome by us, but not sure the list will forward attachments.

--
Dana Emery