I hate to be the constant cynic but it is an easy thing for someone to be positive, friendly and even accommodating when they have their hand out waiting for the green to flow. However; when this positive, friendly and even accommodating behavior is followed with dodging, equivocating, and a refusal to communicate then one must conclude that they have been taken by a fraud. You might try Interpol but I think they would probably laugh at you behind your back. If one or more of these unrequited purchasers had some discretionary funds it might be fun to locate someone in Brazil capable of finding Mr. Faria and retrieving some or all of your investments. If Mr. Faria still has his web site up and is accepting deposits from it he is guilty of Internet fraud as well. He could be held culpable for this charge as well. One way to interest law enforcement is to provide proof of this kind of activity. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Robison, John" <robi...@arts.usf.edu>
To: <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Monday, December 14, 2009 6:30 PM
Subject: [LUTE] Luciano Faria

  Hi everyone,
      For some time now, I have been reading a lot of the messages and
  comments made about Luciano Faria.  My experience began positively when
  I submitted a double order for an archlute and a theorbo in January
  2007; before submitting the orders, I checked with a few people that
  had purchased instruments from him, and they had good things to say.  I
  know that he had that car accident early in 2008, I think, and I have
  read something about his parents, but still, this is ridiculous!!!  The
  last time that he answered one of my e-mails was in August 2008, and at
  that time he said that he was getting ready to begin work on both
  instruments.  Since then all of my e-mails have gone unanswered, and I
  have no other way of contacting him.  His website has not changed since
  I first looked at it three years ago.  My main reason for ordering the
  two instruments through him was that some of his archlute and theorbo
  models will accommodate my slightly small hand/finger size.  I simply
  would like to find out definitely if he is building (or going to build)
  the two instruments, and if he is going to do a decent job on them.  At
  this point, it is very important for me to find out one way or another,
  since I may have an opportunity to buy an archlute from someone else
  right now if Faria is not going to do his job.  He has had my deposits
  on the two instruments for almost three years, and some sort of an
  honest answer from him would be nice.
  John O. Robison
  Univ. of South Florida --

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4687 (20091214) __________