Don't get me started on that. Otherwise I would have to mention those
recent archeological finds in the Bethlehem area, evidencing an ancient
musical band, called the Heavenly Hosts, whose prominent soloist was a
lute player. So famous he was for his finger style playing, that you can
still see that musician depicted in many replicas today. More often than
not, wings are added to the replicas, but that's based on a fictitious
ancient description by some certain Lukas. In fact, there's no HIP
evidence for wings with the HHs's lead lutenist.

Merry season's greatings,

Mathias

"alexander" <voka...@verizon.net> schrieb:
> They entered Jerusalem and went to the temple of the LORD with harps
> and lutes and trumpets. .. and were brought to Jerusalem to celebrate
> joyfully the dedication with songs of thanksgiving and with the music
> of cymbals, harps and lyres... Accompanied by trumpets, cymbals and
> other instruments, they raised their voices in praise to the LORD and
> sang... stood on the east side of the altar, dressed in fine linen and
> playing cymbals, harps and lyres...
>
> http://www.bibleplus.org/music/music.htm  (a church music director's grant
> attachment)
> Cymbals, cymbals everywhere. A baroque guitar inside an orchestra. does
> sound like (crash) cymbals a bit? Send em to the bible, send em to the
> bible...

Viele Grüße

Mathias Rösel

http://mathiasroesel.livejournal.com