Valery,

    My take on YouTube is that you take your chances when you post a video.
Its an open forum and anyone can make suggestions whether they are constructive
or not.  (Yes, there are some jerks on there.  Hopefully the folks on this list
will be more respectful and helpful.)  For someone posting videos who is not
interested in anyone else's thoughts, the comment feature can be easily
disabled.  If one is only interested in hearing adoring remarks, that sort of
service is rarely free. ;-)

    Years ago I had a roommate who took a job as an art teacher at a high
school.  As part of the job, he was required to coach the track team.  Since he
had never previously participated in any track and field events in his life, I
asked how on earth the school thought he was remotely qualified to do this.
(The real answer is that they didn't care whether he was qualified or not.
They were getting someone to fill two positions for one salary.)  My friend's
answer was, "No matter how good or bad I am at actually doing the stuff, I can
offer the kids one thing they can never do for themselves.  I can watch they're
doing without being them."  Whatever he did must have worked.  He went to a
couple of coaching clinics and watched some coaching videos.  He then went on
to lead his team to the state championship - a feat the crew had never achieved
before - and do it again twice more in the five years he worked there.

    I've taken that as a great example for my own teaching.  Even more
importantly, I've taken it to heart in my own continuing role as a perpetual
student.

Chris