transcriptions from some early german lute mansucripts are available from
lyremusic.com
including the "blindhamer" manuscript
greetings
w.
#######
The Art of the Lute in Renaissance Germany
Volume 1: Early Manuscripts
A collection of four articles on Renaissance German lute
music found in early German tablature manuscripts by
four different authors: John H. Robinson’s article examines
the music of Maximilian’s court organist, Paul Hofhaimer
found in early German lute sources; Denys Stephens reviews
music from the German tablature section of Wroclaw
352; Wolfgang Wiehe has transcribed some very interesting
music from Ms. 272 including Josquin’s Preter rerum
seriam; and Dick Hoban’s article examines the similarities
between two manuscripts from the 1520’s, the so called
“Adolf Blindhamer” manuscript and an obscure manuscript
now in Krakow Poland. All pieces are in French tablature
and have been transcribed from the original German tablature
manuscript sources for this publication. The book has
over 200 pages of text and music.
$35.00 plus $10.00 US postage or
$21.00 international postage
d.ho...@tcu.edu