Exactly. And Bermudo (1555) confirms that Ludovico played a diatonic
   harp. He is likely to be the same Ludovico who was in Ferrara in the
   1480s and who then went to Naples, and finally to Valencia when the
   Aragonese were expelled from Naples. He appears to have been in the
   service of Fadrique, the last of the Aragonese rulers of Naples, and
   then of his son Fernando in Valencia. For more details on the piece as
   one retrospective impression of how fantasias were improvised at the
   beginning of the sixteenth century, you can download my 1986 article
   "La 'Fantasia que contrahaze la harpa' de Alonso Mudarra: Estudio
   historico-analitico" from my
   website: [1]http://www.vihuelagriffiths.com/JohnGriffiths/Publications_
   files/GRIFFITHS%201986%20mu%20fantasia.pdf

   The article shows how the piece is constructed as three variations on
   the folia. You can also find a briefer discussion in my dissertation,
   p. 223 ff, also downloadable from my webpage
   [2]http://www.vihuelagriffiths.com/JohnGriffiths/Publications.html
   (down the bottom of the page). But you also need to read Egberto
   Bermudez's article "Sobre la Identidad de Ludovico" in Nassarre 10
   (1994): 9-16 which clarifies much of the identity of Ludovico in
   Ferrara, Naples and Valencia. Egberto corrects the mistaken conclusion
   made by Barbieri in the 1890s (which I didn't question in my 1986
   article) that the documentary references to "Ferdinand" were to
   Fernando el Catolico, rather than to Ferdinand of Aragon from Naples.
   One of his jobs in Valencia was to sing Ferdinand to sleep at night,
   accompanying himself on the harp. I don't think this article is
   available on the web. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll see
   if can put it on my website.

   Good wishes,

   John