All,
   I wonder if anyone can offer some helpful suggestions. I have a very
   nice theorbo of medium size with which I'm very happy. The only problem
   is that the neck extension is quite heavy, so much so that it
   interferes with the balance of the instrument. This isn't a big problem
   except that it can make it difficult to hold on to. Is this a common
   problem? Do different theorbos have different levels of balance? Are
   there any solutions, aside from the obvious one of selling it, which I
   am loathe to do? It has such a great sound and is such a nice
   instrument, but a bit more balance would be nice.
   As always, I'm grateful to the community for its advice.
   Best,
   Graham
   --
   Dr. Graham Freeman