Please don't anyone be offended by this inquiry about strings and personal
philosophy!

1.  Is there such a thing as Kosher gut strings?  Or does the requirement
apply only to ingestibles?

2.  How do vegetarians feel about gut strings?

I ask because, in retrospect of a gut-strung hurdy-gurdy presentation I gave
at an elementary school, I realize that those were some possible kid
questions I was not prepared to deal with.  Frankly, I'm not sure how much I
should have told them about sausage casings and gut strings had they asked!
I was blessed with a very short time allotment.

Thanks and regards,
Leonard Williams