This is interesting.  I suspect I would have approached music differently
and sounded different if I had taken up playing with instrument necks in my
right hand.  I have never been a proficient sight reader and need to play
through music that features any slight degree of complexity a few times from
the page before I can make it "musical" or even play it relatively error
free.  I wonder if plucking with my non-dominant hand is related...  Some
time and repetition required to transfer information to the non-linguistic
side of my brain via memory might provide partial explanation for my
mediocre sight reading (not to mention a convenient excuse at rehearsals).
Intriguing.

Eugene