   From: Gary Digman <magg...@sonic.net>
   To: lute@cs.dartmouth.edu
   Sent: Thu, June 10, 2010 4:02:38 AM
   Subject: [LUTE] Re: lute sighting
     I just saw the new "Robin Hood" with Russell Crowe. Indeed there are
     scenes with a small lute. One small point however, in one scene of
   the
     people of Nottingham at a party/dance outdoors the band consists of
   one
     small lute, one recorder, one vielle and percussion. It's late in the
     party and the revellers have been drinking. The crowd is very noisy,
     but the lute can be heard above the din as if it were the lead guitar
     in a rock band. Only in the movies.
     Gary