Dear collected wisdom,

I've been asked to accompany Todo quanto pudo dar by Guerrero preferably on renaissance guitar (I don't have a vihuela) or, if needs be, on lute. I can tune the 4th course down on the guitar to get most of the tenor range giving me 3 voices to work with.

Should I go for a strummy texture or double (some of) the voices? I'm new at the strumming idea but I don't want to make it sound labored to get all the notes. Would setting the middle voices be the best choice with a few strums where the rhythm seems to indicate it?

thanks in advance,
Sean