I recall a lute Society of America seminar in 1979.  It was in
Barrington, Rhode island.

The temperatures were in the high 90's F., but the humidity has also
in the 90's.  I recall at least 5 lutes went belly-up (literally) -
the glue melted, & the lutes self-destructed.  My baroque lute was
one - the top came off!

ed

At 07:47 PM 7/24/2010, Herbert Ward wrote:

>What is the maximum safe temperature for a lute?
>
>A few summers ago, Dallas reached 100 degrees
>in the shade (actual air temperature) 30 days in a row.
>

>To get on or off this list see list information at
>http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~wbc/lute-admin/index.html

Edward Martin
2817 East 2nd Street
Duluth, Minnesota  55812