Dear Dr Nightingale,

I like your attitude, sir, and will resist billing you for any editing and reconstruction of your extensive catalogue.

sincerely yours,
Sean Smith

On Aug 16, 2010, at 12:56 PM, Peter Nightingale wrote:

Thanks to all of you --Chris, Dana, Ron, Ed, David-- who responded to my
BMI question.

This is what I have learned:

1. I composed all this music -- I have already contacted the Recovered
    Memory Project.

2.  BMI bears the burden of proof to the contrary; meanwhile, we'll
    protest in no uncertain terms.

3.  To stop the harassment, we'll lawyer up and send BMI a cease
    and desist letter.

4. Even before I wrote all this beautiful music about 300+ years ago, I
    placed it in the public domain.

5.  Perhaps superfluously, I herewith grant permission to all of you
    to do with my music as you see fit.

6. If any of you be harassed by BMI, please feel free to refer them to
    me.

Thanks again,
Peter.

the next auto-quote is:
So the end result of the long campaign against government is that we've
taken a disastrously wrong turn. America is now on the unlit, unpaved
road to nowhere.
(Paul Krugman)
/\/\
Peter Nightingale                  Telephone (401) 874-5882
Department of Physics, East Hall   Fax (401) 874-2380
University of Rhode Island         Kingston, RI 02881