I recently wrote to the Newberry Library in Chicago, inquiring about
the possibility of their producing a full color Capirola facsimile at any
time.  Here's the answer (though there is some uncertainty about the color
aspect):

Dear Mr. Williams,

As it happens, the entire Capirola manuscript is going to be reproduced
on the "Ricercar" site maintained by the Centre d'Etudes Superieures de
la Renaissance, in Tours, France.  Here's the URL for the section of
their site that is dedicated to lute manuscripts and publications:

http://ricercar.cesr.univ-tours.fr/3-programmes/EMN/luth/

The Capirola, as you will see, is not there yet.  The photography has
been done, however.  I'm not sure what their time-table is, for mounting
the Capirola.  If you're curious to know, you could write to them directly.

As you point out, it would be very expensive to produce a full color
facsimile.  To do that we would need a major subvention.

Sincerely yours,
Carla Zecher

Director
Center for Renaissance Studies