I was at a poetry reading recently - not wholly of my own volition, but there you go. At the end, the poet, Wendy Cope, was asked how long she took to write her poems. Generally, she said, a few days and after that point she couldn't really get them any better.

As an amateur player, I feel that about renditions of pieces. I've been working on another Gilbert Isbin composition and I can't get it how I'd like it (or how it deserves to be) but I hope it's OK. I could work on it more and more but really not get any better.

I wonder if professionals feel like this, albeit at a much higher level of proficiency?

This piece is called "Afternoon Shadow":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zATaSgkNi_A

Stuart