     From: theoj89...@aol.com <theoj89...@aol.com>
     Subject: [LUTE] New Savarez harp strings?
     To: lute@cs.dartmouth.edu
     Date: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 10:24 AM

   I was recently at a harp convention (wife is a harpist), and a harp
   repairman told me about a new advance in strings from Savarez,
   that they have produced a nylon string (NOT carbon fibre, nor other
   synthetic) that has fibres of some sort imbedded within,
   The fibres apparently lend both strength and warmth, to sound and feel
   more like gut.
   I checked the Savarez website but the site has scant information (at
   least in the english site).
   Does anyone know more about these strings, or is this just rumor/bad
   information?
   cheers, trj