Sorry I missed this threadA  ( no pun intended)A  Would you explain how
   you splice wound strings? I have some expensive copper wound Savarez
   strings for my basses on my liuto attiorbato, and the wire typically
   gets broken just before the nut when I tune....hence giving me a rather
   dead sounding string.... Wonder if I could at least splice it to give
   it extra life...

   thx

   Bruno Cognyl-Fournier

   [1]www.estavel.org

   On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 11:45 AM, Herbert Ward