Hi Martyn,  I'll respond below.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Martyn Hodgson" <hodgsonmar...@yahoo.co.uk>
To: "Lute Dmth" <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>; "A. J. Ness"
<arthurjn...@verizon.net>
Sent: Saturday, December 25, 2010 4:06 AM
Subject: [LUTE] Re: [LUTE] Re: [LUTE] Kraków, Biblioteka Jagiellonska, Mus.
ms 40032 (olim Berlin)

  Thank you for your advice and best wishes on this Xmas Day.

Likewise!

   I was aware of Kirsch's work (ref below) which as you say contains
  incipits tho' few concordances but don't have a personal copy to hand -
  hence my plea! My usual University Library is the fine Brotherton
  collection at Leeds but, alas, they don't have Kirsch's work.

  1992. Dieter Kirsch. Berliner Lautentablaturen in Krakau: bescheibender
  Katalog der handschriftlichen Tablaturen fuer Laute in der Bibliotheka
  Jagiellonska. Mainz: Schott, 1992.

  I'm also aware of Mayer's excellent work but find the index not
  always the most useful tool since I can't obtain a direct listing of
  40032 as such (as far as I can see) but, as you say, can scroll through
  the alphabetic entries for ALL Ms to identify pieces linked to a
  particular source ...... I was rather hoping there might be a dedicated
  listing of the Ms to save me this chore. Oddly, the works 'in
  progress'  do list contents by individual Ms. Am I missing something?

It's Meyer et al.  He has some excellent scholars assisting him, incl. Goy,
Crawford, Kiraly, Robinson, the late Monique Rollin et al., and I should
have made that clearer.

The lists of contents (like a table of contents)
are in the printed volumes arranged by country of the library (vols.
I-III/3).  Originally
the indexes to the various printed volumes were on a microfiche in a pocket
in the back of each volume.  But the on-line "Sommaire" replaces those.  But
as I
indicated, it is possible to reconstruct the contents of a given manuscript
by using the "Find on this page" utility in your browser.  Alas it isn't
possible to copy the titles while on-line.  You can download the index
files to a word processor and then copy the titles one by one, by dragging
them to a second page. On my word processor it is possible to have two pages
on he screen and copy material back and forth.  Better still is to use the
printed volumes, especially with a large volume: 40032 has 340 pieces!

The listing at the bottom are future printed volumes in preparation.  So
they have lists of the cotents.

Anyway, I hope this gets you started.

  regards

  Martyn