For the pieces using the Db major chord could you not set the frets to ET (or 1/6) and not finger the tastino?

Other than pieces that are technically impossible I personally like 1/6. And if you can get away with it, 1/4 can sound very nice once in a while. Given his daring use of tone color and character I constantly wonder if he wanted some of that dissonance though a disparity between 8ves might be stretching it.

Sean