On 21/01/2011 22:41, wikla wrote:
Just a not so important comment: there are many genres of music. One of the
not most common must be this "ethnocentric-neo-baroque". Actually to me
already Stravinsky composed some "neo-baroque" music (Pulcinella for ex.),
so the baroquenism of the 21th century perhaps should be called
"neo-neo-baroque" or alternatively "neobaroquenism"? And with some added
ethnocentrism perhaps the style could be named "ethnoneobaroquenism"?

Just a thought...

Arto

Good point! If Stravinsky is "neo-Baroque" (and "neo-classical"), as it is customarily designated, then music like Paulo's must be pastiche or hommage.

Stuart

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 17:17:58 -0500, "Roman Turovsky"