Val- Thank you for sharing this with us; I have been very interested
in the new nylgut, but last time I tried to purchase them, they were
unavailable in the USA. First impression- I like the sound very much
on all courses except the chanterelle- that one string sounds too
bright, and out of character with all the rest. Your playing seems
fine; comfortable, relaxed- full, but not pushing too hard. Maybe
that lute wants a different string on the 1st course?

The instrument for which I need the new nylgut is my Harris-Barber
Chambure copy vihuela; it has a very rich but subdued sound (Compared
to my lutes). Old white nylgut brings out its potential sound more
aggressively than gut, but with enough richness and subtlety still
part of the tone picture. However, the chanterelle seems to "sing"
better with nylon. Comparing this instrument to your lute is probably
inappropriate; an apples to oranges comparison- not only because it's
vihuela vs. lute, but also mine has a doubled chanterelle. That one
course was fabulous in gut, but for overall projection the instrument
as a whole is better in the right synthetics- old Nylgut 2 - 4, KFG 5
& 6 w/ng octave on 6.

Could you tell us your string length, string diameters & tension,
pitch standard?

Thank you, Dan