Any music store will probably carry the type of humidifiers made to fit into
the sound holes of cellos or violins (basically a perforated plastic tube with
a sponge inside).  I use one of these and simply place it in the peg box area
of the case.  I've also tried a kitchen sponge in a baggie, (with some holes
cut in it), but mildew did build up in the sponge,  so I prefer the violin
humidifier.