An interesting point is that the damage to my (now someone else's)
   theorbo came not during shipping but during the customs inspection. The
   case was an ultra-hardshell case by Jiri Bednar, but the damage to the
   peg was most likely the result of customs officials taking it roughly
   in and out of the case while it was stuck in customs. No Kingham or IKA
   case can protect against that sort of idiocy.
   Though it might not be relevant here, those shipping instruments to the
   US from another country should remember that they will be subject to
   the terms of the Lacey Act governing the importing of wood products.
   There's lots of additional paperwork to fill out in order to be
   compliant with the act, so make sure you know the history of the
   instrument and the sort of wood out of which it's made. This gave me
   huge problems.
   Graham Freeman

   On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 4:29 PM, howard posner