De : lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu [mailto:lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu] De la part
de Peter Martin
Envoyé : vendredi 1 avril 2011 10:50
À : Lutelist
Objet : [LUTE] Re: Foscarini Experience again

   The presence of the soprano sax in this photo suggests that
   "historically informed" isn't their top priority...
   [1]http://www.myspace.com/thefoscariniexperience/photos/490584#%7B%22Im
   ageId%22%3A490584%7D

   However ... do the printed versions of this music tell the whole story?
    I was looking recently at the Corbetta 1639 book, kindly made
   available by Daniel Shoskes on the ning early guitar forum.

   [2]http://earlyguitar.ning.com/forum/topics/corbetta-first-book-1639

   Although all the pieces are for solo guitar, in the introduction he
   gives instructions 'per accordar quattro Chitarre di Concerto', or how
   to tune four different sized guitars together.  Counting up from the
   largest, the guitars are a major third, a fourth and a fifth higher.
   What was the purpose of this instruction?  A merry band of guitars all
   thrashing away together, in what must have been quite a departure from
   the printed versions.

   By the way, this book uses alfabeto for a delicious musical acrostic
   on page 60, spelling out the name of patron CONTE ODOARDO in chord
   symbols.