So, no critcs of the critics? To me the following kind of attitudes are
pure facism:

"As to purely [modernist] sound – it is utterly inappropriate for all
lutes in general, and the baroque lute in particular, as the acoustical
properties of the instrument tolerate absolutely no gratuitous dissonance
and/or non-traditional methods of producing sound …"

Generalizations on generaliztions. Blaming a genre as such. How this kind
of thinking is possible today? Well, seems to be the unhappy trend these
days anyhow...

Arto