How was it suddenly easy if you had to play a right handed guitar left
   handed?

   FWI, tuning up until a string breaks sounds dangerous to me. If the
   string is not weak that could add a bit of tension to the instrument.

   I picture you in tights with a cape and 'super lute man' written across
   your chest. :-)