Dear (continuo-)lutenists,

there are (at least) two examples of duets for two continuo instruments -
only the numbered bass line written - but meant to be played as otherwise
all improvised duet. The one I remembered and also found in the Net, is by
G. Strozzi, see
  http://www.continuo.ca/files/Strozzi%20-%20Sonata%20di%20basso%20solo.pdf

There is at least one other similiar case - got also it nearly 20 years ago
from S. Stubbs (if memory serves...). And it also is in my bookshelf, I
know that, but I cannot find it... Anyone has any idea?

Next month in a music course I might have possibility to play with a
professional baroque harpist, and this kind of improvisation stuff could be
most enjoyable! And I've done these two in a course in Bremen in the
beginning on 90's...

Best,

Arto