Alan sent this in reply to me only, but I'm certain it was intended for the
list and t'other Eugene:

From: Alan Hoyle [mailto:adr...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, July 01, 2011 11:00 AM
To: Eugene C. Braig IV
Subject: Re: [LUTE] Re: A question about Bakfark's lute music

I think he gets so little play by professionals because he is so difficult!
Jacob Heringman's CD is, indeed, excellent - even more impressive were the
recitals I heard him give featuring some of the pieces...

He is a very helpful man, generous with advice - you might try emailing him
(details on his website), but I don't think there'll be an easy answer!

Good luck!

Alan (who's only dared to tackle 'Si grand e la pieta' - I can send you the
tab I used in a lesson with JH, complete with his fingerings & sustains)

 [1]http://www.lute.ru/gerbode/ft2/composers/Bakfark/pdf/douce_memoire.p

 [2]http://www.lute.ru/gerbode/ft2/composers/Bakfark/pdf/czarna_krowa.pd