Dear Eugene,

As Jacob H's name was brought up I'd recommend the Josquin CD instead (or as well). One of Bakfark's finest settings is there and it's interesting to hear how Bakfark differed from others when intabulating similar material. For example, Simon Gintzler's and Albert deRippe's styles are very different but equally successful and may lead you to see the mid-16th century intabulation process in a new light.

best wishes, Sean