"Lutes of mass distraction."  Hah!  I like that.

I think Ron was objecting to the use of "lutespeak," which is a particular form of double-talk peculiar to the lute community, where such phraseology as "reverse engineering" has to be abstracted in order to be understood. And thereby misunderstood.

David - the one who "does it naturally."  (More lutespeak...?)

On Jul 4, 2011, at 11:25 AM, David van Ooijen wrote:

On 4 July 2011 16:35, Ron Andrico <praelu...@hotmail.com> wrote:
  David wrote:
> Ron's question, made relevant for the listers, freely translates to
..
Just a minute, buddy. This kind of 'freely translated' interpretation
  of someone else's words has led to such disasters as the search for
weapons of mass destruction in Iraq as a justification for attack, and

I had a fun weekend on the lute list, and thank you all kindly for it,
but don't remember bringing up world politics. Perhaps you are
referring to the fact that occasionally I bring archlutes of mass
distraction to Iran? It's a neighbouring country, full of friendly
people playing tar and setar, no justification for attacking them.

  the abstraction of the term 'reverse engineering' to justify the
  invention of a new instrument to play old music.

Perhaps you're mixing up Davids here. I do agree, there are too many of us.

David - the lefty