Dear Matthew,

   thank you for pointing once again at the source! John Sturt's lute book
   bears collector Matthew Locke's stamp, that's why it is now called the
   ML lute book, or so I understand the nomenclature . A member of this
   list was kind enough as to share a scan.

   I copied the duet with Fronimo and added transcriptions for 10c lute in
   renaissance tuning and for 11c lute in D-minor tuning (feasible, not
   too demanding). I have posted the Fronimo file on
   http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Fronimo_editor/ (files >
   tablatures) and the corresponding pdf file on
   http://lutegroup.ning.com/ (forum > lute tablatures).

   I agree that this fine little duet has some traits in common with the
   three famous lute duets by William Lawes. And it somehow invites for
   improvising and trying doubles.
   There's a little oddity at the ed, in the very last measure. While the
   first lute has a D-minor chord on the last beat, the second lute has a
   D-major chord. I take it for a Picardy third, i. e. when the last
   section is played for the first time, both lutes play D-minor on the
   last beat, but when it is repeated, both lutes play D-major on the last
   beat.
   Mathias