Hi Bill,
Thanks for your kind words. Really I don't think of this as a philosophy but
rather common sense.
Many woods would be appropriate I've used apple, maple, boxwood and even
stained beech on a number of occasions with good results.
I've also used rosewood and ebony A softer wood can be surrounded by a bone
edging so the frets don't dig in. On paintings before 1600 it is quite rare to
see dark fingerboards anyway.

Not at all;-)

Lex

Op 28 aug 2011, om 10:57 heeft William Samson het volgende geschreven: