----- Forwarded Message -----
   From: William Samson <willsam...@yahoo.co.uk>
   To: David R <d_lu...@comcast.net>
   Sent: Friday, 2 September 2011, 7:56
   Subject: Re: [BAROQUE-LUTE] Re: Hammering on and snapping off
   Hi,

   I'vev been doing a little checking up on Tombeau de Mezangeau and it's
   attributed to Ennemond "Vieux" Gaultier rather than Denis - his younger
   cousin.  It was Denis who supervised publication of the 'Livre de
   Tablature pour Lut . . . .' in which it appears, but this was published
   in 1672, over 20 years after the death of Ennemond.  So I don't think
   Ennemond could have had much of a say in what appeared in the book -
   unless lead times for publishers were even longer than they are today.

   Thoughts, everyone?

   Bill