Egad - another Dowland piece, just when I've decided to read through all the
pieces in D. Poulton's collected works of Dowland.  But, one can never have too
much Dowland!  Thank you, Ron.  On a related note, I'm grateful  to youtube and
the accomplished players who post there.  Looking at Dowland's "Lachrimae" (15
in the Poulton book) I was puzzled as to how to sustain the bflat on the sixth
course through the end of the third measure while playing the the other two
note chords above it.  Viewing a video of Andrea Damiani playing the piece, I
saw his ingenious solution (ingenious to me - perhaps obvious to better
players).  For those of us without access to teachers, youtube - in addition
to lute net - is an especially invaluable source of information.  My continued
gratitude to all who post there and here.

Ned