   From: Edward Mast <nedma...@aol.com>
   To: Lutelist Net <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
   Sent: Monday, 28 November 2011, 21:14
   Subject: [LUTE] Lute end pin
       I wonder if anyone could advise on installing an end pin on a lute
   without one.  One of my 8 c instruments came missing the end pin, but
   with a hole where one obviously was.  Using wood from the handle of a
   small oil painting brush, I was able to fashion an end pin that has
   worked very well being held in by friction only.  A second 8 c
   instrument was built without an end pin, and I would like to install
   one.  I will have to drill a hole.  My concern is that this instrument
   is of extremely light construction and I don't know if the thickness at
   the bottom of the bowl will hold a pin either by friction, or if
   there's thickness enough to hold a glue joint.
       Any suggestions would be appreciated.
   Ned