Dear friends,

as I have got some persistent rheumatic problems I wonder to put the
multi-stringed instruments away for a while. For not getting completely mad
while recovering I am now looking for something like a replacement -
particularly something I can play without my nasty thump.

The colascione might be a good solution, but I have no experiences with this
instrument at all and so do most of the people I know. I am especially
interested in the number of courses (tree, four or even more), about
recommendable length and tuning of course. As I am quite familiar with the
theorbo, I probably would prefer a similar tuning, but I have no idea if this
was a good thing to do.

Who knows a bit more?

Any advice is very welcome.
Thanks, J.