Tom,

I just looked at my old Scolar Press facsimile and measured the height of the first page of music (Unquiet thoughts). From top of the "I" to the bottom of the extra stanzas measures 24.7cm (10 5/8") --this is the verticle boundry of the printed area; not the page size. The publisher's Note at the beginning states that it is reproduced at the original size. This one is reprinted from the British Library.

I've always found this series and those printed at the original size to be fairly legible on the table or music stand. There are other facsimiles that are "shot down" where it becomes pointless to sightread. For example, there is an edition of Tobias Hume that recently circulated around local viola da gambists that I consider way too small for practical play. If this too small go with Scolar Press if you can find them or Performer's Facsimiles.

Sean